Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sewing in the Sun 2019 - Post script #1 Muslin, Muslin, Mulsin!!!

Aside from the amazing pant progress, I came away with some other thoughts from the weekend.  Seeing as this is my place to ponder, I am taking full advantage of my own platform.

As I want to keep these posts from being over long, I am going to deal with these in separate posts.  Here are the four areas I will be covering over the next few days:

  • MUSLIN, MUSLIN, MUSLIN!!! 
  • Sometimes the obvious is not the right path
  • Patience matters
  • Fabric choices matter
Muslins. To some an unnecssary evil, a tedious trial, a painful process or something to be avoided.  I am one who used to avoid them on patterns that were easy or not fitted as they seemed to be redundant. Why take the time to muslin a T shirt/A line skirt/shift dress/ {insert your choice here}?

Because it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave hints, tips and tricks that apply to the post.