Friday, January 11, 2019

Sewing in the Sun 2019 Q&A

People are asking questions so I thought I would compile my answers into one place for the whole series of posts. This will be updated if people post more.

Debra919 said...
What I want to know is how difficult it might be to add 2 inches to the sides with no lines to guide you... how do you do that, and are you supposed to know HOW to do it if you take her class?
Debra, it really is simple. All I did was layout my pattern on the fabric, trace around it and then mark 2" away in a different colour and cut on that second line. Flipped the pieces over and did the same on the second piece.  Here is a sneak peak of the second pattern at that stage.



Unknown said...
Hi Lorna, congrats on it your strong leg thighs( and cute butt and properly fit belly).
So your thighs had to be increased in size, to remove the back wrinkles? Jeanie
Yes.  Areas with more real estate need more coverage AT THAT LOCATION.  Adding to the side seams did not release the stress point where I needed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave hints, tips and tricks that apply to the post.