Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm free ... almost!

Some of you know that I am a leader with Scouts Canada (thanks to my kids). For the past 2 months I have been working on homework given to me on my last session of advanced leader training. I have been slowly plodding my way through a homework assignment that had me make a 3 year plan and then 3 months of detailed plans and topped off with a plan for a weekend camp. All for 5-7 year olds ... Last night I finally submitted the last part. You see, I didn't have a lot of prior experience to draw on for this as I have only been at this for 3 years. That is what made this such a challenge.

What does this have to do with sewing, you ask? Now my evenings and mornings are once again free for me to sew. To emphasize this, this afternoon, I went to the workshop and took out all the winter fabrics that had been untouched all winter and banished them to the Trunk. I took out all the remnant buttermilks for Monkey Girl and my meager collection of shirtings and blouseweight fabrics. While digging, I found a beautiful emerald green linen look fabric that had been cowering in the Trunk. I think this might just be what I want for that Marfy dress ...I like green and it likes me back! It also coords nice with a floral print that will become a blouse, so if I have enough, it might just become a flirty skirt/skort when the weather warms.

To satisfy my need for a short term task prior to beginning supper preparations, I altered the Pilot's shirt pattern IAW Darrell's directions. In the continuation of my Lenten giving of self, I am going to cut and sew his shirt before I do my own Easter dress. I am going to do the next version in some wonderful shirting that The Stitchery sent up my way. I have enough to make another one if this one doesn't work out quite right. Monkey Girl picked out some fabric for an Easter dress, so that will come next on the machine before the Marfy get sewn. If I don't get it done, there will be 40 more days of Easter to work on it, right? I still have a dress only worn once or twice in the closet that I can wear ... let them come first for a change in the shop.

It is sure nice to think about lighter fabrics for a change ... I even pulled the Jean Jacket out of the Closet to wear this week. I still needed gloves with it this morning, but at least I wore it without boots!

I also borrowed the Pilot's drill and mounted a dry erase board and two sets of hanging baskets on the wall next to the cutting board. I then removed my "To Do" pile of patterns and removed a number that aren't going to get done for the spring and summer and pulled out a few others to add in. I sorted and then listed them and their chosen fabrics on the dry erase board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave hints, tips and tricks that apply to the post.