Thursday, July 24, 2008

Project Runway tidbits

Last week or so, I was reading Tom & Lorenzo over at Project Rungay and saw the listing of contestants for PR5 in the US. I saw that there was a contestant who says she trained in OTTAWA CANADA! COOL ... a local type gal to root for! So, I quickly sent a note to my pal Darrell Thomas and sent him the link. Turns out he knows her from school, she was the year behind him. That is two seasons in a row he has known a contestant!

Darrell also mentioned that the producers had dropped into the shop to see if it was suitable for the show. Turns out that he is a little too small, although they did like his selection! "Darrell," I told him, "time to get a new building that is bigger and better for next season!" "Already looking" he sent back! I thought that this was going to be a single episode for PR Canada until I read today's local paper ... read on! PR Canada is coming to my home town! YUP! Ottawa is getting IMAN for the summer ... too bad I no longer work downtown and can't stalk the fabric shop where I (and Darrell) suspect they will be shopping and working!

I am trying really hard not to read PRungay right now as I want to wait until the show airs up on our side of the border ... but seeing as PR Canada will be starting to shoot locally soon, I guess I can't complain!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:00 am

    Now that IS exciting! Where will they be doing their shopping, and where will they be shooting? Hey I am coming up for 3 days Aug 25-27. Can we get together? Maybe go to Darrells shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ENJOYED YOUR BLOG .
    I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE YOU & OTHERS THAT VISIT MIGHT ENJOY THE BELOW INFORMATION...
    DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
    CAROLYN'S DESIGNS MAIL ORDERING CATALOGS
    DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
    #1 LACES CATALOG
    #2 RIBBONS CATALOG
    #3 GENERAL CRAFTS CATALOG
    #4 HANDMADE ITEMS CATALOG (WHICH HAS WEDDING ACCESSORIES -BRIDAL & BABY SHOWER GIFTS & FAVORS -SEASON GRAPEVINE WREATHS -SYMPATHYWREATHS & GIFT ETC.
    REQUEST "free" AT
    http://carolynsdesigns.blogspot.com OR cs43421@aol.com OR
    $5.00 FOR @ CATALOG OR $7.50 ON CD
    SEND TO CAROLYN'S DESIGNS
    2000 MEADOWLARK LN.
    MADISONVILLE , KY. 42431
    MENTION WHERE YOU SAW THIS & REQUEST A $5.00 CREDIT ON YOUR FIRST $25.00 ORDER !!
    THANKS CAROLYN

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave hints, tips and tricks that apply to the post.