Sunday, March 04, 2007

It's not Procrastinating if you have a Plan ...

I know, I promised the coat would be photo'd and mostly rip stitched, but I have to confess that I have not touched it other than to try it on again. BUT, I have a plan, you see. Stop rolling your eyes, this is a great one! You see, I have a date with Kay Y. a friend from PR that lives here in Canada's National Capital. We are going to have a mini fit fest in two weeks! I am helping her fit a pair of pants/jeans and she will help me with the coat. She has made a few coats, so this will be a big bonus! So, I have a plan and it is actually achievable. So, in the business plan world, I am set! So, you just have to settle for the pants shots once I get a chance to upload them.

I have been thinking about those Jalie pants that I altered a ways back. The CB really, really drops low due to the removal of all that excess fabric. I found some extra fabric in the stash today. In order to bring that CB up to the proper placement, I think I will rip the waistband off from the s.s. and then add a back yoke to fill in the space. The will make them wearable again. This is a pressing matter as I need a pair of blue pants for a Scouts Canada medal presentation next weekend. I am one of the local recipients of the Scouts Canada Centennial medal and although I usually wear jeans with my leader's uniform, they would not be appropriate for this instance. The Dragon pants would have been perfect for this occasion had I not fused some iron on flowers on the back pockets. Although I could remove the pockets and replace them with plain ones ... it is not too late. But the alterations to the Jalie pants are still needed anyway. Time to flip the job coin ...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:40 am

    How's this pants pursuit coming? Congrats on being awarded a medal!!! Yeah, 3 cheers for Lorna!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave hints, tips and tricks that apply to the post.