Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm back!

I have not been hiding in my sewing room nor have I been avoiding the tag game, honest. I just spent the past 48 hours at the first part of a training session for leaders with Scouts Canada. The course is the advanced leaders course and has leaders from all sections (age groups). It was a very intense and busy weekend and I am not sure that I fully understand all that I have absorbed as there was so much information given out and so much done. Definitely learning by doing as we made emergency shelters in the snowy woods, had a formal campfire in the snow in -20 (C) temps on a night so clear that we all spent an extra hour freezing while just looking at the sky without any interference from lamps and buildings.

I was taught so many actions songs and chants by a set of twin 18 yo leaders in training that my head is spinning. These two boys are the walking poster children for Scouts. They have been in since they were 5 and have grown up in the organization and their enthusiasm is so very infectious! They were a joy to be around I can't wait till the next round in April to see them again and to learn more even though I am exhausted from late nights, eating too much food and laughing way too hard!

I think I have made up my mind about who to tag. I am just trying to make sure I do it right (and check to make sure that my "victims" have not already been tagged already!) So beware all of you ... you might be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave hints, tips and tricks that apply to the post.